Thread: Skilled Migrant - Job offer and 140 EoI points - visa rejected

Default Skilled Migrant - Job offer and 140 EoI points - visa rejected

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me out here.
    I have a job offer from a design studio in Auckland (not on the employer list, few design studios are).

Initially, my EoI credited me with 140 points:
    30-Age
    10-Growth area bonus
    50-Job offer
    50-Qualifications

I have two degrees, BFA's with high distinction in Graphic Design / Illustration from a top design school in the USA.
    The London branch took my EoI points all the way down to 30, only giving me points for age.

I did not have any sort of NZQA assessment as the online forms had no mention that this was necessary,
    is this the reason it was rejected? What steps can I take going forward?

Thanks, my employer needs me on upcoming projects, so any expedited info would be much obliged!

Hi. You haven't given me enough information to be sure why this has happened. However, my guess is that you are right. If your qualification(s) are not on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment, you have to have an IQA - I know this seems like a lot of time (7 weeks approx.) and money ($746) to go to, but there is no way round it. Without the qualification points, the job offer won't work because you won't meet the requirements for the occupation on ANZSCO. You could try asking the Case officer if they would defer your application while you get the IQA, but this may not be possible. If this is the case, you could get your IQA and then apply again. I hope this helps. Karen

I can't see the online form, but F3 and F4 of the PDF version mention recognised qualifications. The recognition comes from EITHER the qualification appearing in the INZ listing accessed from here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ndguides/lorq/, OR, if it doesn't appear, having been submitted to NZQA. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...r-immigration/ If you have to go the latter route, don't bother getting PAR - go straight for the IQA.