Thread: Storing valuables

Default Storing valuables

Im going to be arriving in Christchurch and planning on going backpacking for a week or 2, only problem is I have a fair a amount of valuables on me (laptop, headphones etc) and want to avoid damaging these so I was thinking about leaving them at a self storage company. Has anybody done this or could recommend a good company?

I was going to just take out travel insurance but on looking at the small print its not worth the paper its printed on :/

I have no real advice about valuables but I would advise you to have a good think about travel insurance. I don't know if you are just travelling to New Zealand on holiday or will have a visa but you need to make sure any medical issues would be covered. There are all kinds of stories about people travelling and getting stuck somewhere with serious medical problems because their insurance didn't cover them or they didn't have any. (These are the words of someone who did a fair bit of travelling in her younger days with no travel insurance or any money to be flown out of the country if something had gone wrong. Fortunately nothing did)

Ah yeah I'll definitely take out travel insurance but it doesn't look like any policy would cover me if my stuff was stolen or lost. Was having a look at nomad insurance and the only way you are covered is if you are literally tacked to the ground and then robbed lol