Thread: EOI- skilled employment

Default EOI- skilled employment

Hi all,

My partner and I got work permits for one year only. They expire next year. We would like to apply for residence under Skilled Migrant Category. I have a question about claiming points for his skilled employment.

He is working now, in NZ, as an Automotive Electrician. He has qualification as an electrician, level 3 (NZQA) and work experience as an automotive electrician for more than 6 years, plus 3 years part time work ( also as an AE) during secondary education.
    On Immigration NZ it is stated that he must have the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may be substituted for the required qualification (min 3 years) . I'm not sure will they accept his job as skilled employment because of his level 3 qualification. Will work experience be enough?
    Before applying for Work visa we applied for Work to residence visa which was rejected because of his qualification.

Thanks

Hi. Was the Work to Residence Visa Type that was rejected LTSSL or Accredited Employer? The LTSSL points don't apply to the Canterbury or Immediate Skills Shortage lists, so this may be where you came unstuck. However, for SMC residence, an occupation is skilled if the job is a good match for the description on ANZSCO and the applicant has either the qualification specified or the work experience that the ANZSCO states can replace the qualification. I doubt they will count the part-time work while studying, but with 50 points for employment, plus 20 for work experience, so long as you have the 10 for being outside Auckland, you only need 20 or more for age. If the job is in Auckland, you may need to be under 30 to get the full 30 points for age to meet the 100. I hope this helps. Kind regards. Karen

Hi Karen,

We are hoping to get this points; 30 points- age
    10 points- close family
    50 points- skilled employment
    20 points-work experience
    Possibly-15 bonus points-work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage

Thanks for your help

Hi. You won't get the AASS points without a Level 4 qualification, but it doesn't matter. So long as you have 100 points including the job offer you have enough. There is no advantage to claiming more than you need. Good luck. Karen