Thread: Marketing postion

Default Marketing postion

Hi,

I just graduated in the Netherlands for my bachelor marketing / communication management. I did my 3rd year internship in Auckland on a working holiday visa.

I'd love to hear from anyone how to obtain a job in marketing / communications and what are the best visa options?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jessica

Welcome to the forum.

A good starting point for jobs is Seek.co.nz - I have just done a keyword search on 'marketing' and there are 1283 jobs in NZ so a few for you to look through

http://www.seek.co.nz/

and also Trade Me - 2213 jobs showing here

http://www.trademe.co.nz/

haha thank for the reply! I know, I replied to a lot of jobs already but no job offer or call.... :-(

I found I had a few responses to applications, but generally speaking the reply was along the lines of needing to be in the country to meet employers and the need for a visa. I did follow up applications by asking for feedback on my CV, which was always positive, so at least I knew my CV was good and that I was applying for the right jobs, I was just not on the ground to take up employment.

Whilst we were out there in July I managed to meet with a couple of recruitment agencies and that certainly helped seeing them face to face. Through arranging a meeting OH managed to secure a job and that allowed us to get our work visas, and so I am now back in contact with the agencies I visited in the hope of having at least interiews lined up for when I arrive at the end of the month.

New Zealand really is about networking and showing some kind of commitment to the country, and that seems to be why often, you can secure a job once you are there. Certainly worked for us.

Fingers crossed for you. Don't give up hope.

Thanks for your answer!