Thread: Feeling lost!

Default Feeling lost!

Hi there, my husband and I are currently in NZ on UK holiday visa, but would really like to apply for Work Visas or Residency as soon as possible. Trouble is I am not sure where to start. I am 37 and my husband is 38, and we are both british passport holders. My father lives over here and I am the only child from his first marriage, I also have 4 half siblings over here. I am a restaurant manager with 20 years experience in hospitality but no formal qualifications, I also have much experience with horses. My husband is also in hospitality, but not qualified, although he is a qualified scuba diving instructor and has a Bachelors in Podiatry (not practised for many years!)
    I have been offered a job in the restaurant of a small local vineyard, but obviously cant take it on the visas we are on

Can anyone give us any advice as to where to start, should i just call immigration on Monday?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice

I don't have much experience for your situation but if it was me, I'd be thinking I need to contact immigration to see what kind of visas, work or residency, is better for us. Getting that sorted would be a big step forward. Good luck.

HI. If you have a job offer of work that is ongoing and for more than 30 hours a week, you've made a start. Next, you need to look at the exact job title and job description and find the ANZSCO code that matches it. Look at http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....urant+Managers. If it matches 141111 and you have 3 years of relevant experience, then the job is skilled at Level 2. All it then requires is that either they have advertised the job and can prove that they were unable to find a suitably qualified New Zealander or that hey are an accredited employer. If either of these is possible, then you can apply for a work visa under Essential skills. Your husband will be able to apply for a Temporary Partnership-based Work Visa so long as you can provide evidence hat you have been partners for more than a year. He can then work for any employer in any job. I think at this point you may be eligible for residene under Skilled Migrant Category. Without knowing a little more about you, I can't be sure. Go for it!

Hi Karen, thanks so much for your advice. I can't seem to send you a private message? But was hoping to ask you a few questions?

Many Thanks

When you have made five posts, the forum will automatically switch on your ability to make PMs - it may take up to 20 minutes to do that. After that, when you click on someone's username over one of their posts, PMing will be one of the options in the drop-down box.

JandM, thank you

HI. Happy to give you some answers. Keep posting and then send me the Private Message. I am around most of the weekend.

Hi Karen, thanks so much