Thread: Returning Kiwis and their OH out there?

Default Returning Kiwis and their OH out there?

What a brilliant resource ENZ is! Are there Kiwis finding help navigating come home here along with expats? I hope so.

I am a return expat Kiwi just landed home and have just finished post grad thesis on the topic.

We face some of the same questions of how to navigate the move plus some uniquely perplexing ones of settling back in. You can read about some of them here:
    http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/about...D-A72C9D005438

I am starting a community for return kiwis called welcomehomekiwis.com

I would love to get in touch with the fine folk behind ENZ - can you contact me!

Warmly, Tracey Lee

I'm a recently-returned Kiwi and there are plenty of others here. Great article - I'll forward it to Kiwi friends who are thinking of making the return trip. Thanks!

This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Hiya.
    Im a kiwi with a British husband who is desperate to get 'home' after 23 yrs in the UK. We have lots to do here first before getting ready for the big move, so its gonna take us a while. Im gutted I can still feel homesick after all this time. Id go back tomorrow if it was possible. Im off to check out your links. )

Thank you Tracy fascinating artlcle and prompted much discussion with OH on our thoughts on returning!

Smile Returning Kiwi 2014

After 15 years in the UK & Europe I'm hankering to return home to Auckland with my family! My British wife (who has made endless trips to NZ with me and our children) is up for the adventure with our sons. Knowing there are pros and cons to any move i came across this site and am fascinated to hear and share experiences. We have family on the North Shore and looking at making the move during 2014. With so much research you can do on line (as well as family input), we have a good sense of economy, work prospects, schools, community etc. If my wife has any reservations is that she feels massively responsible for moving our children to a new life especially as teenage years approach, as well as finding her own feet again as in the UK she has a strong circle of friends & family as well as an active work in our business and social life. Her friends are of huge importance to her and has a natural fear of feeling isolated. Once we are established she will look for part time work to fit around the children but also will need to explore hobbies equivalent to here. Fitness, following sport with our sons, Book clubs, Film studies, current affairs, travel & outdoor activities, cooking and our kids activities are her big passions. Can anyone guide us on where we could find out more information on whats available to either study of partake in any of these. We would also need to find out more about Football, Swimming, Rowing, Tennis clubs around the North Shore as without these activities our boys would want to stay in the UK!
    Hugest thanks in advance for any advice!

I feel the same kiwijo - after thirty years here i'm desperate to get home

Hi Anna,
    Are you in a position to seriously consider a return to NZ? We are slowly getting there, but we have a lot of work to do on our current house to get it into a saleable condition as we need to get a decent price for it to fund the move.
    Im not totally convinced my English hubby is as serious about moving as I am, Im telling him I want to be back within the next 5 years - with or without him!
    )
    When youve posted 10 times you can p-mail me and maybe I can lend a bit of encouragement and support, I know how hard it is to be homesick and surrounded by people who dont quite understand.
    Last edited by Kiwijo; 6th October 2013 at 10:17 PM.

When youve posted 10 times you can p-mail
    Five times will do it.