Thread: Working Holiday Visa Scheme Extension

Default Working Holiday Visa Scheme Extension

Hi

Have any UK applicants extended their 12 month WHV to a 23 month while in NZ?

I cannot seem to find much information online apart from what is on the immigration website itself.

My husband and I need to extend our WHV while we wait for our Residency to process, so any tips on how you went about applying and how long it took would be fab.

Thanks

Sarah

Funnily enough I dealt with one of these this morning. You need to complete INZ1085 and if you haven't already, you need to have a General Medical (INZ1007) and a Chest X-ray (INZ1096). These can be done at any GP and radiologist in NZ. You then submit it to your nearest branch. Cost is £85 (haven't checked the NZ$ fee - but I am sure you know how to do this. You know you can only work for a max of 12 months out of the 23 I imagine? Cheers. Karen

You know you can only work for a max of 12 months out of the 23 I imagine?
    In case this is a problem for you, don't forget you could apply for a temporary work visa to cover the time gap. If one of you applies for that http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../requirements/, the other could apply for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm. Both applications can be put in together, with a covering letter linking them, and the CO will work it as one case, supplying things like the visa number on the work visa, which won't be available at first. You would probably be able to use all the evidence they are already holding.

When do your WHVs run out? Sometimes, if someone writes in to INZ with about eight weeks to go on their existing visa, pointing out that time is getting short and asking if they need to get a different visa in order to stay legal, their Residence magically appears in time.

Thanks for the responses.

Our situation is a little complicated as with a Temp Work visa you have to be able to prove that it was not possible to find a kiwi to do our jobs but my employers weren't comfortable that they could really prove this, but in the residency application we have relevant work experience to make our jobs 'skilled employment'.

It has been just over 3 weeks since our residency application was out on the waiting list for a CO so we don't even have anyone to chase yet.

We only have a few weeks left on our WHV (probably leaving it dangerously late) but immigration already have our medical checks and I have the INZ 1085 in my hand now. I have only worked since February so I am hoping that by the time I have been working 12 months my residency has been issued, otherwise looks like I'll be taking a holiday!