Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling hopeless but still a faith to live my dream raising my son in NZ

Default Feeling hopeless but still a faith to live my dream raising my son in NZ

I Relocated to NZ from South Africa a few weeks ago...Hoping to give my 3year old a better future and Education here in New Zealand .....But Ive applied for over 300 jobs and yes went for interviews but no company is willing to offer my a job or fill in my work visa application even though i came through an agency here....I have more the 8 years of Retail Reception and Call Centre Experience and very good at what I'm doing .....the sad part is my visa Expire in 2 weeks and i don't know what root to go anymore .....I hope when someone reads this they will be able to help me .....Thanks Majda

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time.

What visa do you have to be in NZ at the moment?

And do you have qualifications?

I do qualify i came over to NZ on a visitors visa ...I have 8+ years experience in the Retail Industry as a Receptionist and Call Centre Representative ...all i need is a job offer to apply for my Work Visa in NZ.

Sorry to hear that...Best of luck for you to give better future to your child.

Reading your post and being without employment, it was always going to be a bit dicey. Is the agency that you came through, able to offer any assistance.?

We had the same thing when we tried to get a job without either a work visa or residency visa. We were lucky and have managed to get sponsored by our daughter and now my husband has had 3 job offers within 3 weeks of being here - we found that no one wanted to know without the visa, unless you have some amazing skill shortage skill
    My heart goes out to you

they will assist me when i get a work offer to apply for my work visa and residency so....that's what they can do for me

Have you tried Seek and Trade me?

...when you say you "came through an Agency here" - what sort of agency are we talking about? It sounds like you are doing many of the right things as you are getting interviews. It is okay in NZ to be proactive and visit companies that might have suitable jobs and literally walk in with a big smile, lots of confidence and a copy of your immaculate CV. I know it takes a lot of courage, but I also know from helping others, that it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    It is okay in NZ to be proactive and visit companies that might have suitable jobs and literally walk in with a big smile, lots of confidence and a copy of your immaculate CV. I know it takes a lot of courage, but I also know from helping others, that it can work.
    Worked for us. OH did make an appointment to pop in for a chat, but he wasn't aware at the time that they had any jobs on offer, but things had just changed for them and they were looking for people.

You have nothing to lose - go for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast