Thread: PRV application

Cool PRV application

Hi All,

I am currently holding a resident visa which should expires on 18th Apr 2014.
    I have already been in NZ more than 184 days for the first 12-month portion, and 18th OCT would be my 184th days for my 2nd 12-month portion.
    if I will leave New Zealand on November and returning back on next APR before my resident visa expired, am I fulfilled the requirements?
    Also, if anyone has the similar experience or granted PRV from overseas, hope to hear from you

Thanks

Actually the 184 days period is calculated backwards from date of your PR application. In your case I assume you will be back before 18th April 2014 and say you apply on 21st April 2014 for PR.
    Then you need to check that you stayed in NZ for 184 days between 21st April 2013 to 21st April 2014
    and if you stayed 184 days between 21st April 2012 and 21st April 2013.
    Hope this helps you to confirm your eligibility.

Thanks shawankit for your quick response

here is one more question, what will happen if I applied PRV application through overseas INZ branch while I am outside New Zealand?
    I heard that some people achieved PRV from overseas

Thanks

You have to meet the requirements here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm - the top section applies to everyone, then you must meet one of the criteria mentioned below that.

And see Step 3 here, about applying from abroad. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...teps/apply.htm