Thread: rentals whats included in rent

Default rentals whats included in rent

Hi
    Looking at renting on North Shore - can someone tell me who pays the rates, water and general rates. How about cost of getting the bins emptied? I expect to pay for power, internet, phone but not sure of the rest - Is there anything else I need to include in the cost when I am working it out??????

Thanks

This really depends on the landlord as it can differ. We have 2 rental properties on the North Shore. We pay the rates which I am pretty sure most landlords do and it is built in the rent. The tenants pay the water rates. As regards rubbish this depends on the landlord again. We have wheelie bins which we pay for and is built into the rent, however some areas of North Shore have rubbish bag collection which the bags are bought at various supermarkets etc. The tenant is usually responsible for this. Where we live our neighbours rent and they have to pay for their wheelie bin to be collected so it does differ.

We pay water rates of about $40 per month for 3 adults and use paid rubbish bags, under $5 weekly.
    We're in Birkenhead.

Simon

Hi thanks for that - don't happen to have a spare rental that needs filling in a couple of weeks!!!!!
    Also any advice on best area on North Shore to get over the bridge at rush hour???????

We rented for a year before buying and the landlord paid the rates that included the water. We paid electric and regular bills. We paid for yellow bags at $2.50 each and used 2 per week average for family of 4. Eventually it worked out cheaper(and less smelly) to rent a bni for $190 per year for our rubbish. recycling was included in the rates I presume as we had a recycling bin provided and no charge.

My understanding with the water is the landlord should be paying the annual standing charge but you should pay for the meterage North Shore Auckland, if you live in Wellington Water is included as part of the rates so you do not have to worry

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Turner View Post
    Also any advice on best area on North Shore to get over the bridge at rush hour???????
    Swings and roundabouts. We live close to the bridge but it can take 20 mins to an hour to get a mile down Onewa road before you even get to the motorway. If you go further North it's easier to get on the motorway but it can be queued back for miles.
    Quickest way for me is the bus, I can be in the CBD in 10 minutes and I know people who use the ferry rather than drive.

Simon