Thread: Salary deductions

Default Salary deductions

Starting work on Monday and just trying to work out how much I will pay out
    Found a couple of sites that work out what you have left once paid tax and kiwi saver but one shows ACC payments and the other ones does not. As an employee do I pay ACC in my salary as a deduction or does the employer?
    Thanks

I had presumed that the employee pays ACC as well, like NI here, so have based our income on that figure. If we don't then that will be a bonus Will wait to see what more experienced forumites advise.

Good luck for Monday, Mike flies out on Monday and starts his new job a week on Monday, so exciting times for us all.

(Don't forget to change your location )

OK thank you
    Good luck with the job and the relocation - we have found it stressful, main problem finding somewhere to live

ACC is paid by the employer, not the employee. Slightly different if you're self employed though.

IRD website has a number of different calculators to help show different pay scenarios (I use them at work often).

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi. View Post
    ACC is paid by the employer, not the employee. Slightly different if you're self employed though.
    I'm really not particularly savvy in these areas, but what is 'Earner's levy' then? I thought that was the employee's ACC contribution?

If you use the PAYE calculation tool from the inland revenue, that should tell you exactly:

https://interact2.ird.govt.nz/forms/payecalculator/

Daniela

There is a small levy which is deducted from the employee, up to a certain amount. The IRD calculator is the best one to use. Generally use code M if asked.