Thread: Talent [Accredited Employer] applying for PR

Post Talent [Accredited Employer] applying for PR

Hi all,

We got a Talent [Accredited Employer] Visa. My partner as the principal applicant. We are now reaching the 24th month and will soon be eligible to apply for Permanent Resident.

Does anyone know the processing time [Auckland Branch]? We plan to apply 1st week of November but we have holiday plans on Xmas to go overseas.

Hope someone out there have a similar experience (?)

Thanks,
    Rhea

Hi. I think they allow themselves 6 months (that's why the visa is 30 months and you can apply after 24 months), but it may well not take that long in practice. If you let the INZ Office know in a cover letter that you are going overseas on holiday, I am sure that it won't be a problem - you can submit certified copies of passports so I am sure they will work round any additional information they need. (I assume when you say you are going for PR that you are on the $95,000 minimum salary, otherwise its resident visa first of course.)

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I think we'll just submit certified true copies and a cover letter just to be on the safe side. Also regarding the PR and Resident Visa - we are qualified for the PR, however just a question... which form should I fill up then? INZ 1000 [Residence form Work] or the Permanent Resident Visa Application form?

Thank you once again.

Cheers!

I don't know the answer to this one. I can find out on Monday and I will then reply to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by roguester View Post
    Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I think we'll just submit certified true copies and a cover letter just to be on the safe side. Also regarding the PR and Resident Visa - we are qualified for the PR, however just a question... which form should I fill up then? INZ 1000 [Residence form Work] or the Permanent Resident Visa Application form?

Thank you once again.

Cheers!
    You need to use form INZ 1000, if you are eligible for PR at the time of application for residence then you will be granted PR, otherwise it will just be residence.

Ian

Not sure if this is the same in Auckland but in Wellington we just went into the office and asked them. We put the forms in the Business Migration dropbox in the office, not the usual visa application box, and ours came back in a month.

Thanks Ian! We'll do.