Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on citizenship by descent

Talking Advice on citizenship by descent

Hi my name is Katy and I'm a uk citizen.
    My father lives in the uk to but I found out he has a nz passport as he was born there.
    I can apply for citizenship. But it's confusing how would I move to nz if I'm
    Granted citizenship? Are there's any other requirements?
    Also I have a 7 year old son how would he move. He has no father contact courts agrees.
    I have a civil partner we got married this year but have to love apart at the moment as she is saving money working in her country. She is in china. If I move to nz how could I get my partner and child in?
    I don't have savings or much money. Thanks for any helpful
    Advice..

Hi Katy. I imagine you have already found this link - http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Citi...t?OpenDocument. If you were born after 1 January 1978, you may be eligible. If you are granted citizenship, then your son can get residence as the dependent child of a NZ Citizen. The situation with your partner is a little more complex. Although you are married, you will need to have lived together for 12 months or more before you could sponsor your partner for residence in NZ. However, if you have lived together for 3 months or more, she could get a Temporary Partnership-based work or visitor visa and then apply for residence once you had been together for a year. You will need to provide evidence of your time together and that your relationship is genuine, stable and ongoing.

Hi thanks will I need a lot of money to move to nz? I was born 1987. I did read that thanks found it a bit confusing really.
    We plan to live together in ireland next year for at lead three months would that count?
    How would I sponser her?
    Would i have to move first and se return to china?
    Would it be hard to ret a home and then find a job in in nz? I don't think the have state benefits to help people looking for work
    Also will I be able to move to nz if i get passport?
    . Thanks

Yes you would be eligible... and of course it's not easy... if you don't have any family in new zealand... and you're daughter... I'm afraid she isn't eligible or citizenship. Oh and about benefits... you wouldn't be eligible.... just because you're a citizen.. doesn't mean you're entitled to them as they are always done on a case by case bases and you need to prove that you have lived in nz for at least 2 years.

I'm not trying to discourage you.. just being realistic since you have never been here.. me on the other hand i have family here and was born here.
    Last edited by slare; 14th October 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Hi I don have family in nz. I have a 7 year old son and my civil partner is a Chinese citizen living in china for now.

We decided would both work as live with my mother in the uk so we can save up a lot of money for two years as hopefully move to nz.

We plan to live together in ireland next year for at lead three months would that count?
    How would I sponser her?
    Would i have to move first and se return to china?
    You need to take the time to get your head round the information on the INZ website. This is the section to start from, and you should also look at the links off this page, and on. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm

Also will I be able to move to nz if i get passport?
    If you find you have citizenship (and therefore a passport), you would be entitled to move to NZ and work there. As Karen told you above, you could then sponsor in your son, being your dependent child. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ld/default.htm

As to whether renting a home and finding a job would be difficult... You have to show that you have the means to pay a landlord, with usually a deposit/bond to pay up front. About work, as anywhere, it depends what you do, how skilled you are, and what demand there is in the area you look.

Thanks yes I do need to research more.
    I'm not that skilled for work. I have a level 3 nvq in health and social care but no degree. I have worked in a factory then in care work.
    I want to know more about my non eu civil partner because that information was hard to find.
    If we saved for years would have landlord deposit and rent .

I want to know more about my non eu civil partner because that information was hard to find.
    First link in my post above.

About work - I just Googled "Residential care homes Wellington NZ" (but you could choose any place you might like to settle), and got this list of hits. https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&...+wellington+nz You could try contacting any of these places to ask about availability of jobs for you with the qualification and experience you've got - make sure you state you're a NZ citizen so they'll know there are no visa issues - and what they pay.

Thanks I will do. I heard nz has two different parts what's the best one to live in and differences?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast