Thread: Getting a bit nervous....

Unhappy Getting a bit nervous....

Hi all,

We submitted our application under the partnership category at the end of August (my wife is a NZ citizen by descent). At the time we were missing our 5 year old son's UK passport which had expired but submitted the application anyway. Our case officer asked for more information to back up our relationship, (apparently our marriage certificate and two birth certificates spanning 6 years were not enough!), which we provided and she confirmed was acceptable. Last week we finally received our son's UK passport and sent it in. I emailed our case offficer to confirm it had been sent and received a "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: Address rejected" error message. I double checked the email address and it is correct. I can only assume she has moved on. We have accepted an offer on our house and need to move out at the end of November. I don't want to ship all our posessions to the other side of the planet if there is the faintest chance of our visa being rejected but have tried calling the £1 a minute line but it is permanently engaged. Not good for my stress levels!

It is a stressful business but we are assured that it will be worth it in the end.

We have been married for 29 years - together 33 - and have two children and we too still had to prove our relationship over the past 12 months.

I am sure all will work out fine and you will be there in no time at all

I would be looking for an alternative email address/phone.

Hi Hobgoblin,

We had our application lodged around mid June for a residence visa through the partnership category and are still waiting, we had a similar issue when contacting the case officer and yes she had moved on, we now have our 3rd different case officer! The number J&M has provided does work and doesn't cost a pound a minute (even though the message says it does!) as I called from my mobile and it definitely wasn't more expensive than a normal call. Just ask the person who your new case officer and then drop them an email, all of our CO's have been quick to respond to us...once we've actually found out who they are!!

Good luck!

Thank you all for your advice and especially JandM for the link which I can confirm does still work. This morning we received a letter confirming we are approved in principle! (Eight weeks from submitting our application under the partnership category).

Great news!

Congratulations, Hobgoblin