Thread: Case officer inquiry from employer

Unhappy Case officer inquiry from employer

Dear All

I need extremely help I am working in skilled job. I wana know what are the most important questions( inquiry) case officer asked from manager(team leader) about the job? If person is applying residence on the basis of skilled job please ans me as much as you can short long any thing you like I am waiting for it guysss

Cheers

They will probably be checking on two headings.

First, they will want to know that you have been taken on in a skilled job in line with the skill you have proved your qualifications for in your ITA, so they will want the details of your role and responsibilities to match these with the description of the job under ANZSCO. They will also want to know that you are being paid the normal rate for the job in NZ. And they will want to know you are working full-time.

Second, they will want to know that the employer is operating their business on a sound footing, so they may ask about how long they have been trading, and their finances and prospects. This is to be sure that they don't issue a Residence visa on the basis of a supposed permanent employment, when the company goes out of business and the applicant is going to lose the job next month.

Default Thank you JandM

Thank you JandM
    yes my job skilled is matching according to my qualification.and yes that matches with my Job description Under Anzsco. they are paying me in the range I have checked that. Yes I am working full time permenant.

About the employer I can say that They are in top 10 Industry of NZ.

My only concern was that CO might ask for residence application why you hire this person? Although I know they ask for work visa purpose. No I have open work permit on the basis of my partner.thats y i asked about labour market test.
    Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by Roberto carlos; 18th October 2013 at 05:08 PM.

As you have an open work visa, any NZ employer is entitled to employ you on a level footing with NZers - they don't have to have a special reason to have chosen you.

Thank you JandM Your `suggestions are awesome. please dont mind I was asked some silly questions again and again.
    1)I want to ask once my EOI is selected and I submitted all the documents how much time approximately they will take to allot me CO?
    2)Once CO is allot will they prefer one applicant on the other on the basis of points?does points have any impact on the thinking of case officer? for example I have skilled job with 140 points and other applicant skilled job got 190 points or these points are only just for selection from the pool and then CO dont think how much points they have?
    Cheeeers

1. There is no way to tell. This depends on how the workload is running in a particular office, and things like staff training or sickness, and also how many cases were submitted just before or at the same time as yours.

2. Points only have a bearing on getting an EOI selected. Someone with at least 100 with a job (or job offer) will get selected at the next draw, so both you with 140 and the other guy with 190 will BOTH get selected. After that, both cases will be processed in exactly the same way.

Here's an old post which might help with understanding what is going on now, and what will be happening over the next months. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....690#post450690

Also, all proceedings in INZ offices work by managed queues. Your CO will have an allocation of cases that s/he works in rotation, yours being just one of them. Things go in date order. So, s/he will take the first case, do everything that can be done on that case (sending out questions, for instance, and ticking off anything that s/he has been able to check), then put it to the back of the queue, and then take the next one to do the same, and the next, and so on. When any replies come about the first case, they will be put in the file where it is now waiting in the queue, but the CO will not look at those replies till that file has worked its way to the front, and it is once again its turn to have some attention.

Dear JandM
    now most of the points are crystal clear. I want to know that as my job is skilled less then 12 months which I am claiming 50 points. Can I include that current skilled job experience in work experience portion of EOI ?

last but not least in EOI form in recognized qualification we have to add top level of qualification to claim points?

Thanks in Advance