Thread: Waiting for result

Default Waiting for result

Hi everyone
    My file is in chch branch for residency visa under SMC. My case officer call my owner for work verification and after that he/she asked for nothing and I am still waiting for result. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Your CO will have an allocation of cases that s/he works in rotation, yours being just one of them. Things go in date order. So, s/he will take the first case, do everything that can be done on that case (sending out questions, for instance, and ticking off anything that s/he has been able to check), then put it to the back of the queue, and then take the next one to do the same, and the next, and so on. When any replies come about the first case, they will be put in the file where it is now waiting in the queue, but the CO will not look at those replies till that file has worked its way to the front, and it is once again its turn to have some attention.

Therefore, time passing can be due to matters concerning other people's cases that are in the queue ahead of yours. It does not have to mean there is any problem with your case. It can also be due to a busy time in the INZ office - and Christchurch is VERY busy right now, with matters following on from extra workers brought in for the rebuild.

Another issue can be that Residence visas for those already in NZ on a work visa do not have the highest priority - it's as if the feeling is 'what's his hurry? - he's already legally working', which is true, but doesn't take account of anyone's natural wish to have things finalized. However, those in this situation have found that, if they get within about two or three months of the end of their work visa, and they write in saying this, and asking, 'Is my Residence likely to come through in time, or do I need to apply for another work visa?' very often their Residence appears extremely quickly.

Still waiting ??????????????
    Now it's more than 7 months

How long does your work visa still have to run?

My work visa expires March 2015

So, like I said above, INZ may not be feeling any great hurry about your case. It's annoying, but it happens. However, in this situation, whenever there has been no contact for several months, it's okay to ask if there is anything more the CO needs from you, and can they give you any further information about the progress of your case, just to touch base and (it's to be hoped) get some reassurance.