Thread: Partnership Residence Visa - Nation Security Check.

Question Partnership Residence Visa - Nation Security Check.

Hello, our partnership application visa has been processed for just 2 years now.
    About 2 months ago, the CO has requested for some documents and which we have provided, and informed us that it's under pending for the National Security Clearance (NSC) before the application can be finalised, which i think this should be the last step of the application.

My question is that the NSC has been processing for 1 month now, it's going to be near Dec for the long holiday break, I have read other posts that this NSC has lasted even more than 6 months, and our visa will expire in Jan, will it drag until next year ? and what's the best solution now ?

I know NSC might last a few months it's just that waiting with no clue is kinda scary...
    How fast can NSC be ?

No one can answer this for you, not even INZ as this check is carried out by a different agency. I hope it doesn't take too long as it does sound as though everything else is okay from what you have said. Maybe other people on the Forum who have been through this can tell you how long their case took - but, don't assume there is a problem if yours takes longer. It might just be the specific region from which you come or all sorts of things.

Comparisons with other people are no help. Every case has to have every piece of evidence checked with a third party, in a foreign country which may not give any importance or priority to sending a reply. Each person's case is individual, so other people may have different evidence from you, a different number of pieces of evidence from you, and evidence which needs to be verified by different institutions or government departments from yours. And INZ cannot proceed with their part of your Residence application until they get clearance following the NSC.

As you are nearing the end of your existing visa(s), you could remind your CO of this, and ask if you should apply to get another. What do you currently have? - temporary work visa and partner-sponsored temporary work visa?

Alright, thank you very much for your reply. Hopefully this can be fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Comparisons with other people are no help. Every case has to have every piece of evidence checked with a third party, in a foreign country which may not give any importance or priority to sending a reply. Each person's case is individual, so other people may have different evidence from you, a different number of pieces of evidence from you, and evidence which needs to be verified by different institutions or government departments from yours. And INZ cannot proceed with their part of your Residence application until they get clearance following the NSC.

As you are nearing the end of your existing visa(s), you could remind your CO of this, and ask if you should apply to get another. What do you currently have? - temporary work visa and partner-sponsored temporary work visa?
    Thank you very much for your reply. currently I am having work visa for a year which will end in Jan. I shall contact my CO regarding the Visa.
    Hopefully the NSC will not drag until next year. Thank you once again