Thread: Police certificate residence partnership

Default Police certificate residence partnership

We are just getting ready to apply for the residence visa as my Moroccan partner and I have just arrived in NZ after getting a partnership based work visa for him, which is valid until July 2014.

I hold an Australian passport but prior to going to Morocco in 2011, I had lived in NZ since 1991. My time in Morocco was always on a 3 month visitors visa, I would leave every 3 months for a week or 2 and then re enter and get another 3 months. I was also in NZ for 4 months in 2012.

On reading through the partners requirements, I note that " New Zealand partners must provide police certificates for every country where they have lived for 12 months or more in the last seven years."

So my question is, do you think I would have to supply a police certificate from Morocco considering I did live there for 2.5 years on a visitors visa which I managed to do by leaving the country every 3 months.

In my original application for the partnership work visa, I did let NZI know that I did leave every 3 months and showed them how we kept in touch.

Thanks

Hi. The wording does say lived or 12 months "whether on one visit or intermittently" - so my reading is that you do need a Police Certificate from Morocco.