Dear all,

I came to Christchurch in Feb 2011 under an open working visa, which was issued because my husband came to Christchurch to do his postgraduate. I have been working hard, contributing and socializing with Kiwi friends. We realize that we love this city and want to live here.

It seems to be difficult for my husband to find an adequate job after finishing PhD so applying PR through SMC without job offer is quite risky. So I think I will apply through investing in business

We have a Kiwi friend who runs a small business. He offers me 25-40% shares of his business to make sure that I have a place to work and earn enough for living. I did not have business experience before coming to NZ, but I have learnt from working in that business with my Kiwi friend. I'm confident and we have money to buy business shares. I just do not know which kind of visa I should apply? Business visa or entrepreneur? And how long I have to go to get PR?

Is there any good immigration advisor in Christchurch dealing with that ?

To be honest, we want to get PR to ensure that we can live in Christchurch legally and to maintain our investment, nothing more than that.

Thank you very much for reading my thread!
I appreciate all advices/infor that you would provide

Kind regards,
Julia