Thread: Anyone applied from skilled migration residence category from Wellington ?

Default Anyone applied from skilled migration residence category from Wellington ?

Hello users

Anyone who applied from Wellington office for residence in nz ?

I have recently applied for the same and wondering what will happen next as I am not taking any consultant on board

I have already received the letter from INZ regarding they have received my application and they will allocate CO to me in few weeks.

An also how long this process will take I understand the their is No fix time frame but would like to know !

My application very straight forward as I haven't add any past work experience cuz I have 150 points without adding them

I haven't put anything which verification will consume time !

Calling all user to comment !

Thank you

If you have a job offer or current skilled employment in NZ, you will go into the priority queue, otherwise the wait will be longer. I had a client submit an application to Wellington in June this year including current employment and he had his residence approved in less than 3 months. If there is no job offer, you may need to prove your ability to settle in NZ or be offered a Job Search Visa instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    If you have a job offer or current skilled employment in NZ, you will go into the priority queue, otherwise the wait will be longer. I had a client submit an application to Wellington in June this year including current employment and he had his residence approved in less than 3 months. If there is no job offer, you may need to prove your ability to settle in NZ or be offered a Job Search Visa instead.
    Hi Karen

Yes I do have a current job offer.

I have to tell you tht I cam to nz on student permit and I am applying from Wellington.

The reason I mention cuz I think you understand I applied from UK.

Are you referring the above case which you were the client is he or she applied from UK or nz ?

I meant yr client ****

If somebody's case is being worked in the Wellington office, they would be in NZ. If they applied in the UK, their application would go to the London office. Suppose their case was in London, but then they got a job offer and went to NZ on a work visa, their Residence application would then be transferred to the nearest INZ branch in NZ.

HI Karen,
    I came to NZ on JSV, and was lucky enough to secure a job in my field in September, So, to get resident visa i sent my offer letter, contract, Job Description + our passports with a cover letter to INZ Auckland city branch.It has been 4 weeks now, but i didnt hear anything from INZ yet. Iam bit worried now, moreover, i dont have any valid identification document with me, Do you have any idea why they take this long to process it.

My question is

I would like to know time frame and also understand the each case is diffrent !
    Since I have job offer is it possible my application will be given priority if it's so then if anyone has the same situation and their application approved it in certain time frame then pls comment

How long they take to allocate CO ?

How long it takes to finish processing and seen APPROVED IN PRINCIPAL ?

Also why on immigration website my status for skilled migrate express of intrest status is APPLICATION RECEIVED while earlier before I lodge ITA it was SUCCESSFUL ?

My health certi status says RECEIVED and date is recent one ?

Anyone pls help and eleborate

Thanks
    Last edited by Nz lover; 23rd October 2013 at 11:54 PM.

Since I have job offer is it possible my application will be given priority
    It will be getting priority over those without a job offer. Comparisons with other people in the same situation are still meaningless because of the differences in your and their personal circumstances, and also because it's not possible to know how many other applications were lodged at the same time as or just before your application and theirs.

How long they take to allocate CO ?
    It depends on how the workload in the office is running at the time.

How long it takes to finish processing and seen APPROVED IN PRINCIPAL ?
    As long as it takes!

Also why on immigration website my status for skilled migrate express of intrest status is APPLICATION RECEIVED while earlier before I lodge ITA it was SUCCESSFUL ?
    Guessing here - the previous 'successful' referred to the EOI having been selected, whereas now they're letting you know your ITA is safely there, but they won't be saying anything about success or otherwise till they have had a chance to check all your evidence.

My health certi status says RECEIVED and date is recent one ?
    There's a glitch in the INZ computer system that means that any time anyone opens your case, for ANYTHING, even by mistake, the 'medical received' date changes to show that day's date. That's all it means - somebody opened the record.

Everybody would LOVE to know a time frame. You/They can't. That's just the way it goes, I'm afraid. This old post tells you the sequence of events, approximately, though not all will apply to you since you have a job offer. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38304 This one http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....979#post455979 is about waiting to be assigned to a CO.

Hi. The client I mentioned in my original reply was in NZ on a Work Visa when he applied. But as JandM says, every case is different. I know it's hard to wait, but hang on to the excitement and happiness you will feel when it gets approved!