Thread: change in particulars after receiving ITA, query....

Default change in particulars after receiving ITA, query....

Hi all

I have received ITA and currently gathering all the necessary documentation. However, while collecting PCC they are providing me PCC as single, as my spouse name is not added on the passport. To overcome this I need to apply for a new passport specifying my spouse name. New passport will have a new passport numbee.

I want to know if I can change passport number in ITA Application.

Look fwd to ur valuable responses.

Harman

Yes you can change your passport number in your application and I think you will find in your application a page titled "Amendments or New Information" which you can mention this change.

Yes, INZ are always prepared to receive information about any changes to an applicant's situation. Many people have to renew their passport during the time their application is being processed, so you're not the only one to have to give a different number.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, INZ are always prepared to receive information about any changes to an applicant's situation. Many people have to renew their passport during the time their application is being processed, so you're not the only one to have to give a different number.
    Hi JandM

Thanks for the reply.

I somehow convinced Passport officials to provide me PCC, and they will do a verification at current address and provide the same.

Now, in my passport my marital status is listed as Single, as it was made in 2009 and I was married in 2011.

Do you think this will make any issue at later stage of SMC application. I am asking because I have seen in some cases INZ has cancelled application for few applicants due to silly reason and mark it as character issue or something like that.

Anything you are aware of this marital status mismatch. Please advice.

Thanks

I can't imagine this will cause any problem, since you must have a marriage certificate as well as the passport. The passport has information that WAS correct at the time of issue, and the marriage certificate then shows the new situation when it came into being, so both certificates are 'honest'. If you're still a bit worried, you could note the fact that the passport says 'single' because you were at the time, but now you're married and can show your marriage certificate, in your covering letter to go in with your ITA. Then you will have OBVIOUSLY been entirely open with INZ.