Thread: A few brief questions about the immigration process after ITA acceptance

Default A few brief questions about the immigration process after ITA acceptance

Hello all. New to the forum here. Had a work visa in NZ around 13 years ago for 6 months. Am now applying for a SM visa for my husband and I.

Our application for the visa was lodged at end of June, and our letter says they hope to allocate our file to an immigration officer within four months, which would be right about now. Still no news. They say that after this, 1-3 months before Approval in Principle if all goes well.

155 points with no offer of employment. (Hadn't planned to look until right about now, but am beginning that process.)

Any news from anyone going through this process as to how long things are taking at the London office, based on these estimates? For instance, did anyone get a notice that it would take 4 months to assign an officer, when it really takes more like 6-9 months? I assume things may be taking a bit longer than their estimates, since we haven't been notified as to any additional information that they require. I also assume since it's not an urgent application due to no employment offer, that things may take longer.

Would appreciate hearing any recent experiences. Cheers --

Including post with signature with exact dates.

People may be along with recent experiences, but even so, it's not actually possible to generalize from one application to another, as cases are SO individual.

You have to be prepared for all INZ times to be elastic. They're never a promise. What you see on the website, or what any official tells you, is only their best guess based on recent averages - it's not can't be relied on to be definite.