Thread: Advice getting passport through descent want to move to nz and bring son and partner(don't live together but civil partnership)

Default Advice getting passport through descent want to move to nz and bring son and partner(don't live together but civil partnership)

Hi I really need some advice I'm quite confused on the criterial for partners moving to nz.
    I live in the uk now to bring my spouse her i would have to earn a lot of money which is impossible.
    The situation we are in now is I met my partner this year in her last year as a student she is Chinese and we gr a civil partnership in September. I also have a son who's father has no rights. Her visa ran out in end of September she had to go back to china. We had only lived together a month before she left. She can't get back into the uk. She lives with patents now in china and is working.
    I can get a nz passport and will apply for citizenship by descent then a passport in January.
    How could me, my partner and son move to nz together? We would save money and rent a home on arrival then look for work . Thanks if anyone has advice. We are not just moving to nz because of immigration problem it's a great country. My father lives in the uk has done for 50 uears we have no ties in nz.

First thing I would do is get hold of a passport. Second I would get a lawyer, you will need to have a legal document confirming the father of your son has relinquished his rights and has no objection to his leaving the country. Third, NZIS has a minimum requirement for any relationship, than you have show to be in a true and stable relationship for a minimum of 12 months, typically this means living together. Your best bet to do this, is to actually move to NZ, get your partner to join you on here.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1146.pdf

Is the form that you use to apply for a visa for her.

Please note I have no experience in emigrating, under the circumstances you have described!

Several people have already told you this information in different ways on your other thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post489526

This all goes in separate stages. All the regulations are on links on that other thread.

1) IF you can get NZ citizenship by descent, so you have a NZ passport, you will have the right to live and work in NZ. That's just YOU.

2) Supposing you get your NZ passport and go there. AFTER THAT, as a NZer living in NZ, you would have the right to sponsor your son's application to have NZ Residence, since he is your dependent child. That would be a separate application you would have to put in, in NZ, having taken him there on a visitor's visa. The link tells you all about the evidence you would need, proving his health and character, and that he is your dependent child, and that you have the right to take him from where he is now to live in another country.

3) About your partner. This is another, separate, consideration. A NZ citizen has the right to sponsor a partner, but only on certain conditions. You don't have those conditions yet. The big first condition is that you should already have your citizenship recognized, and you haven't, so far. After that, you will need to show proof of living together for three months MINIMUM, and you haven't, so far. (INZ don't take any extra account of marriage or civil partnership ceremonies - they go by PROOF of a LIVE-IN PARTNERSHIP, only.) So, to be able to sponsor your partner, later on, after you've got your NZ passport, you would have to live together and collect proof that you are doing so. You could do this in any country you could both get visas for. (For instance, you could get a visitor's visa and go and live with her in China, or she could get a visitor's visa and live with you in NZ.) When you have got enough evidence, she could apply for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa for NZ - that would give her the right to go on living with you, in NZ, then you'd have to keep on collecting evidence you're living together, so that once you have 12 months' proof, she could apply for partner-sponsored Residence. But FIRST (if you're intending all to go to NZ), after you have got your NZ passport, SHE would need to get a visa in her own right, just as a visitor - there is not yet enough proof to get her any special entry rights, because you haven't yet lived together for long enough.

Hi yes I did post before but was a bit confused I thought I would have to live with her for twelve months not in nz in another country.
    How come I can't apply for a passport for my son if I have one?
    If my partner got a nz visa would she not need to put an aderess for nz on it? If we wanted to arrive the same time then looked for work and a home to rent?
    My partner said would she not need a finical requirement for a visa to get into the nz?
    Also if we lived in Europe for about 6 months what visa would she apply to go nz to go the same time as me?
    If we stayed in a Europe country for evidence for a year what visa would it be?
    Thanks it's quite confusing for me would the embassey give advice when I get a passport hopefully next year? The new zeland in London one?

would the embassey give advice when I get a passport hopefully next year?
    No. It's not the embassy's job. Immigration NZ is the organization that deals with visas, and they put out the information of what is available on their website, which we all keep telling you to look at. They are not an advice service.

LOOK AT the pages we have told you on the INZ website. The pages, and the links off them, tell you what you can do, and what forms and proof you need, for each kind of visa.

People on this website are not allowed to give immigration advice, such as, 'You must do this, then this, then this.' That is against NZ law, unless a person is a licensed immigration adviser (and you usually have to pay them, lots of money). We are ordinary people who can only point you in the direction of rules that apply to what you have told us. You need to read those pages, and the links off them, all the way through so as to understand.

How come I can't apply for a passport for my son if I have one?
    Citizenship by descent is only available for people whose father or mother was born in NZ. So you can get it because of your father. You weren't born in NZ so your son can't get citizenship by descent from you.

If my partner got a nz visa would she not need to put an aderess for nz on it?
    No. Lots of people arrive in NZ not knowing where they're going to be staying.

If we wanted to arrive the same time then looked for work and a home to rent?
    You won't be able to do this unless your visa is in order, and also her visa is order. You will have to have got those visas separately, if you are both going to NZ directly from where you are now.

My partner said would she not need a finical requirement for a visa to get into the nz?
    What are you asking? If she has found this information somewhere and you are trying to check it, ask her for the link so other people can see what page she is looking at.

Also if we lived in Europe for about 6 months what visa would she apply to go nz to go the same time as me?
    I already said. The INZ link to it is on the other thread where we all answered you before.
    So, to be able to sponsor your partner, later on, after you've got your NZ passport, you would have to live together and collect proof that you are doing so. You could do this in any country you could both get visas for. (For instance, you could get a visitor's visa and go and live with her in China, or she could get a visitor's visa and live with you in NZ.) When you have got enough evidence, she could apply for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa for NZ.
    If we stayed in a Europe country for evidence for a year what visa would it be?
    Same as for the last question - I just said it, and look for the links on the other thread.
    once you have 12 months' proof, she could apply for partner-sponsored Residence.