Thread: Birth certificate Issue - certificate must be issued by government body

Default Birth certificate Issue - certificate must be issued by government body

Hi,

I lodged my residence application last week and my deadline was 1 November, which was yesterday. I had supplied my birth certificate issued by the hospital where I was born. My immigration advisor yesterday called me and said that INZ came back and said that the birth certificate must be issued by a government body which I don't have at the moment.

So is birth certificate issued by hospital not accepted at all ? If so, does it say anywhere in INZ site or any document as such?

Actually, i had lost my birth certificate and got a new one which I was back home few months back. Even at that time, my advisor had said that better to get one issued by hospital. I got that and now I have this issue.

Its weekend now and I might get to know what happens with it on monday. But I am quite concerned with questions like:

-> whether they will accept the hospital issued one or not?
    -> if not, will they give me some more time to get from local municipal authority considering that my deadline has already passed.

Anyone know about these or have any idea about it ? Please let me know. thanks

What country were you born in?

As the hospital issued one has already been an issue, it's unlikely they will accept it. However, since you have submitted this in good faith and they are saying they want something different, on past showing, INZ are very likely to agree to extend the deadline to give you a chance to acquire the official kind that is required.

I am from Nepal..

Lets hope so..Will get an update on Monday probably..

thanks
    sandeep