Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with application for " Graduate job search" visa

Default Trouble with application for " Graduate job search" visa

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but there is a problem with immigration I desperately need some help.
    I have just finished my Master in Microbiology and about to apply for "graduate job search visa", which will give me 1 year visa to find job in NZ
    The problem is my student visa expired on 31st of July and I am currently stay here on visitor visa.

The requirement for application of "graduate job search visa" stated that my application must be submit no later than 3 months of my student visa expired and also require a copy of my qualification.

The tricky part is that I waited from July to now ( November) just to get my qualification verified ( took 4 months for marking and correction) so I cannot apply for the visa above earlier ( no qualification available) and now when I am ready to apply for the visa, I am already late for the 3 months deadline.

What should I do ? My supervisor and department head are ready to sent an explanation letter to explain the situation of my late application, but the immigration staff ( on the phone) said that it won't be matter as my application will not be approve, according to the regulation.....through I can try , he said.
    I also explained the reason of my delay in achieving my qualification before with INZ and they gave me the current visitor visa to stay here still March 2014 and wait.

So, should I just go a head and apply for the visa ( with all of the letter from my supervisor and Uni) ? what should I do if it fail ? should I use an Immigration adviser ?

Any advise will greatly appreciated and best reagrads

immigration staff ( on the phone)
    The people who man INZ helplines are not the seniors in the department. They are a sort of human FAQ facility, working from information banks (probably very similar to the ones on the INZ website and the INZ operational manual available online). Therefore, the answer you get from them on any point will always be the obvious one, in line with what the regulations say. If someone's situation (like your own) requires some sort of interpretation of the rules, beyond the ordinary, and a bit of discretion, it can't come from them.

So I think, in your place, I would submit your case, and then it will have a chance to be seen by a senior official who may be able to apply the spirit of the rules. This is probably what your man on the phone was thinking of. If your covering letter links the present application to the case where they awarded you the visitor's visa exactly because of the delay that has caused your current problems, it may help.

This must be a very worrying time for you. All the best.

Another thought occurs to me. Obviously you are hoping to find a job in NZ now you are qualified. Once you get a skilled job offer, you will be eligible for a work visa (which can be processed quickly), and then Residence. There's nothing to stop you looking for work on your current visitor's visa - that is perfectly within the law, though you mustn't start working until you get a work visa. You are legally in NZ, and can use the time.

Hi. Whereabouts in NZ are you living? From where did you graduate? This is one of those situations where you will need a little bit of luck that you get hold of the right person. I might be able to help. Kind regards. Karen

PLe, if you make five posts on any thread (one-word posts on here will do, if there's nothing else you want to comment on) the forum will automatically activate your ability to PM. Then you click on someone's username above one of their posts, and you will see PMing as an option in the drop-down box. Karen has good contacts in NZ, and has helped other forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. Whereabouts in NZ are you living? From where did you graduate? This is one of those situations where you will need a little bit of luck that you get hold of the right person. I might be able to help. Kind regards. Karen
    Thanks for your offer in helping me. I am from Dunedin and finished my Master from Otago University. I have been staying in NZ from 2007 and study from foundation year still now. I have been quite busy lately, running around to find a solution , so please excuse me for the late reply now and in the next few days

Thanks for your advises and point me to the right direction. I am quite panic lately but your works really give me some motivation.

just a quick post

thanks

thanks alot

I can believe am spamming my own thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast