Thread: Frustrated!!!

Default Frustrated!!!

Please could anyone tell me if that after sitting in the pile at Christchurch branch for 5 months, smc lodged 2nd may, then being transferred to Henderson, will we go back to the bottom of their pile. The letter we first received said case officer should be allocated within 6 months. 6 months was up on the 2nd November and still no movement. Our work visa expire on the 22nd of December and are now advised to get new ones. I'm 100% sure as soon as we get the work visa we shall be granted residency, to only then have to pay the migrant levy, feeling totally ripped off doesn't even begin to explain how we are feeling.
    Rant over, congrats to all that have gotten through this ordeal. maybe soon ill see the blue bananas.

I really don't think you're going to the bottom of the pile. Christchurch office of INZ has been struggling to keep up with the volume of work - firstly because of the big disruption caused by their relocation in the aftermath of the earthquake, then because of the flood of applications from incoming workers for the reconstruction. This isn't their fault, or deliberate, or a money-making ploy. It has happened several times that when one of the other onshore INZ offices has been a bit less busy, they've passed over some of their cases just to help to speed things up. All INZ offices are in touch through their computer systems, and nothing already done on a case and logged is wasted.

Hiya, I received an email telling me my case had been allocated to a case officer in Henderson, and not Chch where I had submitted it, on 29 August 2013 and received the approved in principal email on 20 September 2013 - so not too bad

good news!

hi rossojo,
    seems like that there is no continuity with inz, im happy you were granted residency within 3 months but my own case is taking over 7 months and still waiting. well done to you and good luck to all the waiters..