Thread: Help Please SMC

Default Help Please SMC

Hi I'm new to this site and do not know how to post my own question but I do have a couple ref SMC. My husband has been selected from the pool and approved to apply. We are waiting on email but online shows as approved. My two questions are:

Work Experience: 2 of his old firms have closed down and we have no contact details for anyone to provide a reference. No evidence of payslip etc (the jobs were before he met me! I keep records!) I know that you can submit an affidavit but need help with what is required to be in it. Do you have a template for this?

Skilled Employment: He is a bricklayer and currently working as a bricklayer. My question is if approved for residency does he have to work as a bricklayer until we apply for PR (2 years later)? Can he get work in other jobs once approved for residency?

Your help would be apprecaited

Hi,

I had the same situation, 2 of the companies I worked for no longer exist and I'm not in contact with anyone from there. To be honest I searched my memory and the web for hours to find someone who had worked with me at both places. For 1 person I found a postal address but I wasn't sure it was really her so I sent a letter saying "if you are this person can you...and if you're not sorry to have disturbed you!!!" Luckily it was her!
    Having already moved country once I too didn't really have a lot of paperwork to back up my claims so I got a copy of my tax from the Inland Revenue as it states dates and employer name.
    Sorry I don't know about an affidavit.
    In the end I didn't actually need these documents, my partner was the principle applicant and not me.

For your second question, I believe (as I've asked a similar question a while ago) with a SMC visa, that as long as your partner can prove he's worked 3 months in the position described in the application he can then move post after that. I'm sure others will correct / add to this later

Thank you for taaking the time to reply... your advise is very helpful
    Hope you are enjoying Wellington, is it really as windy as they say?
    I'm applying from New Zealand currently in Auckland

I just answered your other similar post - and I agree with wellywearer.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireBearRoger View Post
    Hope you are enjoying Wellington, is it really as windy as they say?
    Yes and yes!!!
    Good luck with the application!