Thread: Dental Nurse in Auckland!

Red face Dental Nurse in Auckland!

Hi guys, I'm a dental nurse in the Uk with two years experience.. I want to start a new life in NZ, it's my dream.. But I don't have enough information about my position there.. How can I find a job? Can I work as a dental assistant? Which type of visa is better to do? Need some good help.. : ) thanks for your time guys ..
    Last edited by Erybet; 4th February 2013 at 12:49 PM.

Hi
    I'm working as a dentist for Lumino NZ
    Check out their website for info for vacancies
    It also contains good info on applications from overseas

Francis

Hi. I am sure you have checked out the ANZSCO list of skilled occupations and looked at the Essential Skills Shortage Lists. If not, just ask and I will flick you the links. Yours is classified as a skilled occupation but not on the skills shortage list. This mean that your best options depend on factors such as your age, whether you have children and whether you are willing to take a risk and go out on one of a number of temp visas and then apply for something more permanent at a later stage. It's always easier to get a job when you are right there on location! If you care to share more info, I maybe able to help you with some more specific ideas. Kind regards. Karen

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. I am sure you have checked out the ANZSCO list of skilled occupations and looked at the Essential Skills Shortage Lists. If not, just ask and I will flick you the links. Yours is classified as a skilled occupation but not on the skills shortage list. This mean that your best options depend on factors such as your age, whether you have children and whether you are willing to take a risk and go out on one of a number of temp visas and then apply for something more permanent at a later stage. It's always easier to get a job when you are right there on location! If you care to share more info, I maybe able to help you with some more specific ideas. Kind regards. Karen
    Thank you Karen. I would like to share more informations regarding this with you. I have been a DN for over 3 years now and I think its time to go. I went on the ANZSCO list of skilled occupations and I looked at my profession. I can't really figure out the selection criteria, but I would be quiet happy just to apply for a working holiday visa just to get to NZ. The very scary part it will be finding a job in a new city without any help and also trying to stay in the country for longer than a year. I do have my qualification, I know the job and I am really positive and confident about it.. But we all need some little helps to find the way. any good ideas ? Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by francis1962 View Post
    Hi
    I'm working as a dentist for Lumino NZ
    Check out their website for info for vacancies
    It also contains good info on applications from overseas

Francis
    Hi Francis, pleasure to meet you. Are you correctly working in Lumino? I went on the website and I think it's really cool. Do you do Dental Implants? Do you know anyone in the staff (in a nursing position) who comes from overseas? Kind regards. Erica