Thread: Wellington Newcomers Network - 1st event

Default Wellington Newcomers Network - 1st event

Hi all,

I've become involved in setting up Wellington Newcomers Network and the first event will be Thursday 21 November at Hotel Bristol (131 Cuba Street) from 5:30 -7:00pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Welli...90863774312405

Hope to meet some of you there (2 other dates planned soon if the 21st no good for you!)

Just come along
    Feel free to pm me if you've any questions

A bit more info...

this is part of our "official" email going to settlement support, elc, mcc etc

"This is a nationwide initiative (see http://www.newcomers.co.nz) with a National Coordinator based in Nelson. We also have our own Facebook page under Wellington Newcomers Network which we will continue to build and add useful information to in due course.

As you will see from the attached poster, our first event will be held on Thursday 21 November at Hotel Bristol in Cuba Street, commencing at 5.30 pm. It’s an informal ‘meet and greet’ providing an opportunity for newcomers to meet ‘the organising committee’ and provide us with details of their interests and the activities they might like to participate in next year and beyond. We are open to suggestions, and would hope to be able to accommodate the needs of individuals, couples, and families of any age. We would also welcome event organisers and additional organising committee members, if people wish to put themselves forward.

We propose holding two further events before Christmas – a walk & picnic on 30th November, and a further informal ‘meet and greet’ on 11 December – details to be forwarded in due course"

Sorry having trouble attaching the poster, but you can see it on the fb page.

Hope to meet some of you next week!

I've found there is a really good support network for new migrants, I've atttended workshops on how to write a better kiwi CV,I didn't go to the one about health care, but am going to one about buying a house here this week, so this "meet and greet" evening might lead to more than coffee from time to time

Just a reminder that the 1st meet-up is this Thursday.

Details for a (gentle) walk on the 30th Nov will be on the fb page soon.

Hope to meet some of you!

We had a great turnout for tonight.
    Here's a link for the next event

https://www.facebook.com/events/5500.../?notif_t=like