Thread: Allocation time for residency case officer in auckland - any recent info appreciated

Default Allocation time for residency case officer in auckland - any recent info appreciated

Hi all,

I applied for residency with 150 points with skilled job, living in Auckland. After ITA, Henderson branch received application on 10th October. That's the last update on application website.

Any ideas how long will it take for my case to be allocated to case officer? I will appreciate if anyone with recent application experience can share their experience.

I need to apply for a new passport as my current passport will expire soon.

Will appreciate any info.

Thanks.

In case you haven't already found it, here's an old post of which most will apply to your situation. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....979#post455979

From this, you'll see that what happened to someone else going through the same office, even recently, won't necessarily be any guide at all as to what will happen to your case. People are very often tempted to draw conclusions from other people's stories, but they're not valid. Here's INZ's own statement http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/, but this is on the lines of a best guess based on recent averages, not a promise.

You must currently be on a work visa - when does that run to? As it often happens that INZ are not in any hurry for SMC applications from within NZ - you're legal, you have a job, you're earning your living - paying no attention to your natural wish to have everything sorted out. It has often happened that when someone in your situation, who has heard nothing for months, writes to their CO saying, 'My work visa will expire in eight weeks - do I need to get another work visa or will my Residence be through in time?' magically their Residence visa becomes available within the next couple of weeks.

If you need a new passport, you can go ahead and get it now. Even if you were told you're Accepted while the passport is unavailable, it doesn't matter, because you would have six months to pay the Migrant Levy and send your passport to get the visa put in. Or, if you mean INZ have your present passport, you can ask them to let you have it back because you need to get a new one.

Hi.. I have applied on 26th September at Auckland center.. but still waiting for CO to be assigned.. Friend of mine applied on 30th of July. He is still waiting for his CO. so don't know how long it will take.. According to them, it should take 10-12 weeks.

Cool

I have been waiting since 16th September for a CO; immigration told me it would be at least a month, and its now 7 weeks, so I guess it's just a waiting game