Thread: What do they mean by this???

Default What do they mean by this???

Hi all,
    I was reading the ( I am approved ) link in the INZ site when I stopped at this paragraph :

" Resident visa conditions

If you were granted a resident visa, you must still meet some requirements to ensure you remain a New Zealand resident.

If you gained points for an offer of skilled employment, you must take that job up within three months of your first entry into New Zealand. You must also stay in that job for at least three months and provide us with evidence of having done so.
    If you gained points for already having a skilled job that you have held for less than three months, you must stay in the job for a minimum of three months. "

What I inderstood from enz.org that the resident visa holder is free to do whatever he wants in NZ. Please correct me.

Thank you

Regards
    Louay

Perhaps you misunderstood something. If you got your residence under SMC approved including points for a job offer, then you must work in that job for at least 3 months (or the balance of 3 months if you are already in that job). After this, you will only be subject to travel conditions for two years, after which you can apply for permanent residence.

The heading states that this section is about CONDITIONS on a Residence visa. Not all Residence visas have conditions. Notice the bolding I have put on this quote.

If you gained points for an offer of skilled employment, you must take that job up within three months of your first entry into New Zealand. You must also stay in that job for at least three months and provide us with evidence of having done so.
    If you gained points for already having a skilled job that you have held for less than three months, you must stay in the job for a minimum of three months.
    Someone who had a job, or a job offer, in NZ, doesn't get interviewed by their CO (because it's already obvious that people in NZ think they are employable, so INZ doesn't need to waste time figuring that out). Instead, they get Residence with a Section 49(1) condition on it, and that is what is being described in these paragraphs.

You are not going to be in this situation, at least, not immediately. You've had your CO interview, and are likely to get Residence clear of conditions, or the offer of the SMC Job Search Visa. IF you had the SMC JSV, then went to NZ and found a skilled job, at THAT point you might be given the Residence with a Section 49 (1) condition as mentioned above. But this is not something to worry about - as you see, the condition is only for three months, and once the three months has passed, any such condition can be removed, and the Residence visa is then free and clear.

Thank you a lot.