Thread: Query on PRV condition

Default Query on PRV condition

Hi Folks,

Good Day!

I have a New Zealand Resident visa.

I am in the process of satisfying conditions related to qualifying for permanent resident visa based on the link (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm). I have couple of queries related to one of the conditions for qualification for permanent resident visa which is the Time spent in New Zealand

1. You have spent enough time in New Zealand

You have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding your permanent resident visa application. You do not have to provide any extra evidence, other than your passport(s).

Query: My residency visa expires on september 2015. If the duration of the time I spend as a Resident adds upto 184 days in each of the two 12 month portions (september 2013- september 2014) and (september 2014-september 2015) , does this resident status alone satisfy the condition or would also tax resident status be also need to be considered under this condition? (My country is having a DTA with NZ)

Thanks
    Pradip

Hi Pradip! Once you have been living in NZ as a resident fro 24 months or longer you have to satisfy only one of the 5 conditions to prove that you have settled in NZ. If you meet the 184 days x 2 years condition, you don't need to meet the others. Cheers. Karen

Thanks Karen and resolved my query. Your assistance is appreciated!

Best Regards
    Pradip