Thread: Is that true? so what's wrong with me!!!!

Default Is that true? so what's wrong with me!!!!

Dear all, I was working in IBM company for some years,I moved to NZ for ONE year.
    I was trying to find job in NZ. But I was told by IT job agency that it is hard to get an interview without NZ educational qualification
    actually I got an call from the IT job agency in Wellington, there was no mobile signal, we can not talk any
    more. then later no response. I think no matter it is bad or good result. I sent email to her. still no response!!!!

I'm not an expert re the above, but I would say the fact that you have been employed in NZ for 12 months, must be of some merit.

You need to get your qualifications assessed by NZQA, who will provide the the equivalent NZ educational qualification level.

Reading your post, I'm wondering if I'm understanding correctly.

Was this job agency the only place you have contacted in NZ so far? Otherwise, what feedback have you had from other agencies or employers? - that might help you to know what is a realistic reaction to your skillset.

As Beachcombers said, any foreigner can get their qualification(s) assessed by NZQA, in case they're unfamiliar to NZ employers. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ualifications/ It can be necessary for INZ, for a visa, also.

How long ago did the failed mobile phone call happen? Or your email trying to follow it up?

Hi Jinhee. What is your job application status now.

Just for sharing, I have contacted many agent but none of them told me that it is impossible to get an interview without a NZ qualification. I think there could be misunderstandings.