Thread: Partnership Temporary Work Visa

Unhappy Partnership Temporary Work Visa

I have a question here, anyone can help me?

My wife hold a student visa from 15 Feb 2014 to 31 Mar 2015 (more than 12 months). I submitted partnership work visa application based on my wife, then I know we should have the same period to stay in New Zealand, however, I ticked the option "I plan to be in New Zealand for between 6 and 12 months" when I was filling the INZ1198 form, so I did not submit the INZ1007 general medical form. I want to know I would be the same start date with my wife(15 Feb 2014), or same expiration date(31 Mar 2015), which date will be the final date? Thanks in advance.

Hello.

Sorry, but this isn't a question I've seen arise on the forum before, so can't suggest any answer. You may need to ask INZ.

Hi, my partner got a temporary work visa (based on my student visa) with immediate start date (the day his new visa was approved) and the expiry date of my visa (31 Mar 2015 - just like yours ). Hope this helps.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine_NZ View Post
    Hi, my partner got a temporary work visa (based on my student visa) with immediate start date (the day his new visa was approved) and the expiry date of my visa (31 Mar 2015 - just like yours ). Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your reply, you are in New Zealand now? How long the visa's period of validity your partner hold? and may I know whether your partner submitted INZ1007 form (this is to stay in longer than 12 months), because I ticked "plan to stay 6 -12 motnhs" and did not submit INZ1007 form.

I guess this was to avoid having to do the medical?

Quote Originally Posted by pierbin View Post
    Thanks for your reply, you are in New Zealand now? How long the visa's period of validity your partner hold? and may I know whether your partner submitted INZ1007 form (this is to stay in longer than 12 months), because I ticked "plan to stay 6 -12 motnhs" and did not submit INZ1007 form.
    Hm, it is a bit different since we've already been in NZ when he applied. His visa was issued for the remaining period of my visa duration (2 years I think). He did submit INZ1007 in a sense as we had already undergone medicals a year before that and INZ had it on the record from our previous application.

Check with INZ directly, maybe they could approve your visa with a later start date than your wife's visa (but I suppose you'd want to arrive to NZ together in which case you'd probably need to submit INZ1007 since you'd be staying in NZ for over 12 months). It's a pain, I know, been there - but the good news is that the medical is valid up to 36 months and can thus be 'reused' if you decide to apply for a new visa in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine_NZ View Post
    Hm, it is a bit different since we've already been in NZ when he applied. His visa was issued for the remaining period of my visa duration (2 years I think). He did submit INZ1007 in a sense as we had already undergone medicals a year before that and INZ had it on the record from our previous application.

Check with INZ directly, maybe they could approve your visa with a later start date than your wife's visa (but I suppose you'd want to arrive to NZ together in which case you'd probably need to submit INZ1007 since you'd be staying in NZ for over 12 months). It's a pain, I know, been there - but the good news is that the medical is valid up to 36 months and can thus be 'reused' if you decide to apply for a new visa in the future.
    Thanks for your reply. I sent email to INZ and going to do the medical in case required.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I guess this was to avoid having to do the medical?
    Thanks for your reply. I sent email to INZ and going to do the medical in case required.