Thread: Future Growth Area - Information Communication Technology

Default Future Growth Area - Information Communication Technology

Hi Guys,

as per the title of this thread; can someone elaborate more on this. I had identified my work as a future growth area (although I have not claimed the bonus point for this)

These questions are from the EOI online form; and my respective responses.

E7: Is your skilled employment in one of the identified future growth areas? Yes
    If yes, please provide the growth area name. Information Communications Technology

E8. Is your skilled employment in one of the areas of absolute skills shortage? Yes
    If yes, please provide the absolute skills shortage occupation name. Information Technology (IT) Professionals: ICT Systems Test Engineer

F14. Are you claiming points for a qualification in one of the identified future growth areas? No

F15. Are you claiming points for a qualification in one of the areas of absolute skills shortage? Yes
    If yes, please provide the absolute skills shortage occupation name, and select the name of the
    qualification. Information Technology (IT) Professionals: ICT Systems Test Engineer Bachelor of Science

Am I correct in my responses as above? Because, ICT systems Test Engineer is a skills shortage application in an area of absolute skills shortages; and at the same time it is a future growth area (ICT)

But I am not claiming bonus points in this area, but only claiming bonus points in the area of absolute skill shortage. My EOI has been selected, and I have been invited to apply so I am feeling curious about this.

Just like to add that I already have an employment with an IT Company as a ICT Systems Test Engineer.

Cheers

This is one of those awkward questions! Usually people get EITHER points for an area of future growth, OR for absolute skills shortage, but the form doesn't really give you a way of expressing that you know that, although you seem to qualify for both.

I think Karen Phillips might be the person to help you here. She will be along shortly, I expect.