Thread: Clarification about wife partnership visa

Post Clarification about wife partnership visa

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum.I am getting married in Feb 2014 under special marriage act in India. We love each other since 2008 and I have some pics of our holidays with friends. I am resident visa holder in NZ. I am bit confused that which category I apply for her visa like Visitor visa on partnership aur work visa on partnership. Because she is already working in India and she will be here only for holidays every 3 monthly. and i want to bring her back in NZ after marriage. and kindly can anyone tell me how much processing time is for Partnership visa in INZ New Delhi branch.
    Thanks in advance.

For INZ to grant any visa based on partnership, it is normally necessary to show proof that the couple have been living together. (A marriage certificate does not carry any special weight - since partnership visas are the ones which require the fewest kinds of proof, they are the most targeted by fraudsters paying people to help get them a visa by lying. Therefore, INZ don't go by what people SAY, but insist on evidence of the people having a life in common in the same place.) For the partner-sponsored work visa, or partner-sponsored visitor's visa, they usually like to see about three months' evidence at least.

It is impossible to give a definite time for how long a visa will take to process. The official mentions http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...timeframes.htm are just their best guess based on recent averages, but, as they always say, because of the variations in individual cases, they cannot promise what will happen. Every case has every piece of evidence carefully checked through.

Thanks JandM for your reply.