Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better to send incomplete paperwork now, or wait two weeks?

Default Better to send incomplete paperwork now, or wait two weeks?

Our family is looking to move to New Zealand at the end of March 2014. My husband is already a citizen, so I'll be filing under the family category for myself and our sons. Getting the medical paperwork together has been a nightmare. The latest setback is that we found out that one of old pediatricians lost our son's vaccination records and he now has to get extra shots. Not only am I unhappy about the double vaccinations, but our current doctor will not sign off on his medical paperwork until he gets all the shots. He received three today and has to get two more in two weeks.

My question is this: Do we go ahead and send off the application with all the other paperwork we do have now, letting them know we'll send in the rest when we have it? Or do we wait two weeks and send it in complete? Thoughts? I'm just starting to feel a real time crunch.

It will be better to tell your CO about what happened to your medical and ask for extension on the deadline. If you will submit your documents with incomplete medical in most cases it will be returned to you. So make sure you submit complete rquirements. Goodluck

If you are not close to deadline and can wait until you have all documents , then you should wait and collect all documents.
    If you are approaching deadline then contact CO and notify them on documents you are yet to secure and ask them if they can extend or accept partial documents. It's case to case basis and CO is the best judge to if delay is acceptable.

If your husband was born in NZ, your children can get citizenship by descent. Then there are no medicals.

If there is some reason you can't or won't get your children NZ citizenship, I think you'll be fine waiting the two weeks. My husband called the CO and told them he was a Kiwi returning to NZ with a family. The CO asked my husband when he planned on returning and then he told us he was prioritising our application. He said our application was very easy to approve because it was so complete. So, I think the process is faster if you have everything completed before you send it in so that they don't have to look it over too many times.
    Last edited by kiwieagle; 20th November 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Whatever you do, don't just wait till the deadline and hope it might work out, as if it then doesn't, it would make the whole case lapse and you'd be faced with starting again - tell the CO there is a delay and ask for the time extension in case.

I agree with Kiwieagle. All my son's wife and kids needed was the limited medical, which included a chest x-ray and blood test for my daughter in law. Very simple.

When in doubt about anything on the application, call NZ immigration (phone call to NZ on Skype is very cheap). The staff at NZ immigration are very helpful and will set you straight on the best way to proceed.
    Last edited by Dell; 21st November 2013 at 03:34 AM.

A few people have mentioned a "deadline" but I don't see this in the original post. It appears to me that the person is applying under the family category and wants to move to NZ by the end of March. There is only this self imposed deadline and not an official deadline, is there? She hasn't sent her initial application. So, there is no CO for her to contact yet.

Also, I'd like to reiterate what Dell said about calling the staff at NZ immigration. Every time I had a question with the proper way to proceed on the application, I called NZ immigration, in NZ, and it was quickly and thoroughly answered. I was at first reluctant to call because our experience with US immigration was a complete nightmare. NZ is completely different.

BTW, the CO we called after we sent our app was in DC.
    Last edited by kiwieagle; 21st November 2013 at 05:16 AM.

Earlier today, I was telling my sister that 'talking with NZ immigration was like having a chat with my cousin'. My sister laughed and said, 'you probably were talking to your cousin'. (we have a huge extended NZ family)

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmykiwi View Post
    He received three today and has to get two more in two weeks.
    (
    Your pediatrician is cruel and unusual. For anyone else who runs into this problem, there are a couple of other options:

1) If you have vaccination records from another source (such as from a public school, or even a baby book), most pediatricians would consider that as evidence of having been vaccinated.

2) Draw antibody titres. It still requires a needle, but it's only a one time thing.

DON'T PANIC! I was just signing in to post my good news and saw your post so I will respond to you first. I applied 3 weeks ago under family category ( my partner is a Kiwi) and I received the "approved in principle" letter back in 19 days!!! My file was quite complete, but I did not request expedited service or anything along those lines. You should be fine if you are not planning to leave until March. Take a breath-have faith. I think it's better, and faster to send a complete package that does not require wasting time with back and forth correspondence.
    Good luck,
    Mara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast