Thread: SMC Application transferred to Henderson Branch apparently!

Default SMC Application transferred to Henderson Branch apparently!

Wondering if anyone else has had this and what, if anything, it means. I live in Timaru, so my application was submitted to the Christchurch Branch, today I received an email from my newly allocated Case Officer in Henderson. Why would it be dealt with there? Confused ...

Everyone has to submit to their nearest INZ office, but not all cases are actually dealt with there. Christchurch branch has had a HUGE amount of work to do with all the applications from reconstruction workers, not to mention clearing up the confusion after the original damage, so that probably accounts for some applications being allocated to officials elsewhere. Come on, you should be celebrating - you've GOT a CO!

Mini celebration involving dancing around my classroom was done upon receiving the email, but then the doubts crept in Thank you JandM

hi my name is sajid vallimahammad panjvani i have applied for my resident visa under skilled migration category on 25 June 2013 at Christchurch branch because i live n work in Christchurch after 5 months my application was transferred to Henderson branch in Auckland but its already 2 month my application is transferred to Henderson branch but still no case officer is allocated on my case. At the time when i applied for my resident visa immigration send me letter saying that within 4 months they will allocated case officer on my case but its already 6 months past no case officer been allocated so if you can tell how long it will take to allocated case officer on my case i be really very thank full for your help if you need my client id no its 42044432 thanks for your precious time giving on my application

You may already have a CO. They don't always make contact with the applicant unless they need more information. Here is a previous comment on that point. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....498#post485498

Here's an old thread about the procedure for allocating COs, which may help to explain what is going on at INZ. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....979#post455979 (By the way, we don't have any access to their offices and records. We are just interested members of the public.)