Thread: work visa

Question work visa

hi..there,

recently on 15 of June 2013 was offered job from the company, but they could not afford to pay me and the company asked me to leave job on Nov 15 2013, but now i was offered job from the other company, but i got visa on previous company name, do i need to change my visa?,if yes, but i don't feel like changing visa, until i finish 90 days trail.

can i work on previous company visa for the present employer...

kind regards,
    Anthony
    Last edited by anthonyreddy05; 26th November 2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: grammar mistake

No, you can't continue to work with your old visa. The visa ONLY gives you permission to work in that one company. Once you didn't have that job any more, that visa lapsed, and strictly speaking you're illegal even to be in the country and could be deported any time. Anyone who gets deported is not eligible to get another visa in the future. To work for a different company with no visa - like now - is another stage of illegal.

INZ generally allows only a small amount of time for someone in your situation to go to them and get their situation sorted out. You will have to get a new visa, promptly. See the second paragraph here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...haschanged.htm

right now i am working with previous company, the company has given me one notice period, thank you for advise

That's good - you're still legal at the moment, and you still have time to do the necessary to stay that way. Good luck!