Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora in New Zealand

Default Pandora in New Zealand

People ask me what I miss since returning to New Zealand after living in the U.S. for many years. One of the items on my very short list is Pandora.com. But today I found www.grooveshark.com. I'm still trying to figure out if I can make my own station as on Pandora - but the audio quality is good and I'm happy!

http://mp3.about.com/od/musicservice...ud-Storage.htm

You could also try Spotify.

Just reroute your DNS. http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/

Best service ever.

Dell, have you checked lately? I've used Pandora here. I haven't in a little while, so I actually just double checked on my phone app before posting this, and yep...Pandora still working for me.

I just found out that Pandora is now available in NZ! Fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    I just found out that Pandora is now available in NZ! Fabulous.
    Spotify works mobile here too...I've used both and in balance prefer Spotify YMMV...but here's the thing...for all the Kiwis thinking of coming home and the rest of us coming in...if we have spotify or pandora a us or uk up address and therefore amazon, cheaper apple and Netflix..as well as skype you've got to believe a lot more would feel comfortable coming to or back to NZ...best of all worlds IMHO but I'm biased.

Yes Pandora has been available in both New Zealand and Australia for quite some time now.. great news to all of us!

Speaking of tech things we miss, I just went to The Daily Show and Colbert Report websites to watch the latest episodes and they are no longer available here! Anyone have any idea what happened? Those shows aren't even on television here. I'm not sure I can handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwieagle View Post
    Speaking of tech things we miss, I just went to The Daily Show and Colbert Report websites to watch the latest episodes and they are no longer available here! Anyone have any idea what happened? Those shows aren't even on television here. I'm not sure I can handle this.
    It probably due to geolocation, ie you are using a Internet connection outside of the US. Most media streaming sites will restrict access due to licensing/copyright, even Youtube does it, some content is only viewable in the US.

You will need to use a VPN service to get around it, but it means you can also have access to Netflix, Itunes USA, Hulu, Amazon etc

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcombers View Post
    It probably due to geolocation, ie you are using a Internet connection outside of the US. Most media streaming sites will restrict access due to licensing/copyright, even Youtube does it, some content is only viewable in the US.

You will need to use a VPN service to get around it, but it means you can also have access to Netflix, Itunes USA, Hulu, Amazon etc
    For the past 2 years it hasn't been blocked. But, you're right, I should look on the bright side and finally set something up so I can get Netflix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast