Thread: Character waver problems. Advice on how to change the outcome on next application.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Character waver problems. Advice on how to change the outcome on next application.

Hi all I have put myself in a a tricky situation.
    I was working and living in Newzealand for 14 months and was convicted of DUI twice so had my next visa declined.
    I was in a relationship with a kiwi girl for 12 months and on my return to England we applied for a work visa through our relationship but after 6 months also got declined on the character basis.
    I have had to call it off for now with my partner as I have no idea if I can return and she's unable to move here.
    I have told her I'll do everything I can to get a visa and hopefully can get back over and try and win her over again.
    I have quit drinking and I'm attending counselling and trying to think of other things I can do so when I reapply in 6 months they might approve a character waver.
    Is this a realistic dream? And does anyone know of other things I could do? Also would 6 months be long enough?
    Please help, any advice would be great and help put me at ease

Here are the rules the officials are going by when looking at your case. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35058.htm

I have quit drinking and I'm attending counselling and trying to think of other things I can do so when I reapply in 6 months they might approve a character waver.
    This seems like a good step in the right direction. I don't know about the time factor - maybe someone else would have some idea. But I think it would be a good idea to make sure you collect evidence of all the counselling and anything else you come up with, to be able to PROVE the effort you're putting in. Get it firmly backed up with dates and/or costs, and reports from any professionals or mentors.