Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A list of things to submit for relationship residency!

Default A list of things to submit for relationship residency!

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone could just write a brief list of things you need to apply for residency through relationship! I.e photos, bills etc and the amount..
    It's not very clear (to me) and I'm sure it would also be a help to others! (Sorry if there is another thread, point me to the one!!)

Thanks!

And can anyone explain how we are meant to show this? 'the degree of commitment to a shared life ' a tad confused

Hi, I almost just made a thread where I also made a list over the things I had provided, but here it is again:

- Applications

- Birth Certificates

- My ''Scrap book'' containing a written chronology, time line, every day life (bulleted list form), shared interest (list form) and Financially. Herunder transactions between me and his ex wife he got a son with (since I got online banking it is easier for us), Pictures of us (original + screen shots from FB with DATES on them), Facebook activity (status updates etc. where both of us have been mentioned), My CV for both translation work and general CV I have used for job hunting, emails for both of us, and booking documents for motel etc.

- Slingshot (Internet + Phone line)

- Car (plus transactions for our payments and pay off agreement document)

- Proof of address from his uncle who we live with and pay rent to.

- Proof that we got the same family doctor

- Letters and packages addressed to us both AND individually

- Support letters from our doctor, friends and my family members. There is a reference list in the ''scrap book'' with phone numbers, names and relation.

Look around on the fora, there are a lot of threads like this... I have already been improved for two work visas under partnership, and just applied for the residency (which we obviously hope will be approved soon).

Good luck

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&...tnership+proof A whole list of our old threads on this topic there.

Thanks for the replys!

It's annoying because in July this year i submitted a work visa application, but now have to re do it all! I don't wont to leave any stone unturned.

The scrap book is a great idea thanks! If im from the UK, do i still need a birth cert? or can i just use my passport?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkesimone View Post
    Hi, I almost just made a thread where I also made a list over the things I had provided, but here it is again:

- Applications

- Birth Certificates

- My ''Scrap book'' containing a written chronology, time line, every day life (bulleted list form), shared interest (list form) and Financially. Herunder transactions between me and his ex wife he got a son with (since I got online banking it is easier for us), Pictures of us (original + screen shots from FB with DATES on them), Facebook activity (status updates etc. where both of us have been mentioned), My CV for both translation work and general CV I have used for job hunting, emails for both of us, and booking documents for motel etc.

- Slingshot (Internet + Phone line)

- Car (plus transactions for our payments and pay off agreement document)

- Proof of address from his uncle who we live with and pay rent to.

- Proof that we got the same family doctor

- Letters and packages addressed to us both AND individually

- Support letters from our doctor, friends and my family members. There is a reference list in the ''scrap book'' with phone numbers, names and relation.

Look around on the fora, there are a lot of threads like this... I have already been improved for two work visas under partnership, and just applied for the residency (which we obviously hope will be approved soon).

Good luck

Can you not just submit Passports? And can they just be photocopied and signed by a JOP?

I'm puzzled by this reaction. The list here is Rikkesimone's evidence of partnership, not of personal ID. I don't see why you'd think passports, copied or not, would be any proof of partnership.

Sorry, i dont think that came across very clear.

She said she had submitted Birth certs but i was asking that cant you also submit Passports instead of these, as just confirm what the form says.

If an INZ list asks for certain things, it's a good idea to provide exactly what they say. INZ officials work from check lists, so if their list says birth certificate, they aren't allowed to tick the box till they've seen a birth certificate.

You really have to leave logic outside the door when entering on the visa application process. The only way to get to the other end is to concentrate on knowing what the regulations say, and put a lot of effort into presenting your personal situation in a way that makes it easy for an official to see that you fit the regulations. All that will happen if you say to them, 'I know the form says x, but I've got y, and it ought to be obvious that will do the same thing,' is that you will delay processing of your application, and might even get it refused. The officials apply the rules (which are part of NZ law), and aren't given authority to interpret things for themselves.

Jason,

Some of the things that you could provide for relationship evidence are;

- Postal letters indicating the same residence for both you & your partner ( the letters can be in joint name or separate ones )
    - any kind of deed( mortgage, property,car ownership, insurance/saving plans) that includes both of your name
    - Bank statements ( if there is a joint account )
    - pictures of both of you together , may be on different trips ( just try to segregate the pictures based on year/place that it was taken at )
    - flight tickets that indicate both of your names travelling at the same date/time/flight

Apart from these, if your CO has specifically asked for any evidence for relationship , provide those as well. CO would sometimes ask for something very specific, so that they have stronger proof.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JasoncKelly View Post
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone could just write a brief list of things you need to apply for residency through relationship! I.e photos, bills etc and the amount..
    It's not very clear (to me) and I'm sure it would also be a help to others! (Sorry if there is another thread, point me to the one!!)

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast