Thread: Case officer didn't acknowledge

Default Case officer didn't acknowledge

dear group members.

My case was assigned 2 weeks back with an email from the CO stating some requirement which i need to meet. i started working on it and provided those via email in couple of days as these requirements(Documents) raised by CO were already sent during ITA submission.

since the day CO was assigned i haven't heard any acknowledgment email from the CO. i.e the information i sent is either ok or ........

i have had sent 2 emails in relation with the first email from CO. both my emails where containing the information requested by the CO.

Im confused why the CO was not able to acknowledge. Is that normal?

thanks,

Yes, perfectly normal.

Your CO will not have been waiting empty-handed for what you sent. Once he told you what he wanted, your file will have gone to the bottom of his work pile, and he will have gone on to the next of his work allocation, worked as much as he could on that, then the next, and the next. When your replies came in, he will not immediately have seen them - they would have been put in your file, but then it will wait until it works its way to the top of the queue and it is its turn again for his attention.

INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting). In the first stage, many applicants don't even know they have been allocated to a CO until a part of the processing had been done.

Many thanks JandM. I was expecting a detail explanation from you.

And something and it works most of the time is that CO won't reply emails but when you call them they will give you all the information that you needed very fast. I normally call when I have a question and it's much faster

nice advice..

CO asked me the employers HR email addresses, and I have provided those 6 days back. Not a single employer received an email from Immigration authority. That single email stating that I'm your CO this was the last email. I am worried that my reply might be received in junk folder. or CO had taken days off. There are many thought raising in my mind right now. friends who applied along with me have a healthy communication with there CO. Don't know should i wait or make a call to the CO and to ask that was my email received.
    can someone share there view here.

What happens to other people's cases is no guide at all what should happen to yours. Every single case is different, and every single CO's work situation is different.

Six days is no time at all, considering as I said above your CO will be working on other cases between the times he looks at yours, and may very well not even have seen your response yet because of that. When your replies came in, he will not immediately have seen them - they would have been put in your file, but then it will wait until it works its way to the top of the queue and it is its turn again for his attention.

It is normal for you to be anxious while your case is going through, but before you try to contact your CO every time you have a twinge of worry, think how you would feel if you were working correctly, but someone kept stopping you to ask if you're doing what you should. Any time the CO is pulled away from an active case is more delay till the next time he can get back to yours.