Thread: Pakistani pasport renewal in NZ

Default Pakistani pasport renewal in NZ

Hello everyone,

Please if any one can guide me regarding renewal of my Pakistani MRP in NZ...since it is due to expire in Jan 2014.

Do we need to travel to AUS or it can be done via post or what is the procedure....since in Pakistani Embassy in NZ do not have this facility.

Just wanted to know in advance the procedure....

Thanks.

why dont u do it from ksa, it would take max 1 to 2 weeks, also you can keep the old passport with you suppose if you want to use it for that duration

Yes, shoaib you can do it from Riyadh and it will take only 2 weeks, if you request for urgent.

INZ doesn't issue visa on passport unless it has at least a year's validity.

i tried today with Pk embassy in Riyadh; but they refused to renew if it is not due to expire in 6 months....

Pakiboy86: Pls if u can share the source of information that INZ does not issue visa if passport does not have more than a year's validity...so that i will try again with them...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrub Tub View Post
    i tried today with Pk embassy in Riyadh; but they refused to renew if it is not due to expire in 6 months....

Pakiboy86: Pls if u can share the source of information that INZ does not issue visa if passport does not have more than a year's validity...so that i will try again with them...

Thanks.
    Hi Shrub, it is mentioned on the AIP letter that INZ send you. Passports need to be valid for minimum one year (not more than). It gives you one year time to travel to NZ per the resident visa conditions.
    BTW: Your passport has less than six months validity if it is expiring in Jan 2014. Therefore Pakistani embassy must renew it.
    Last edited by pakiboy86; 2nd December 2013 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pakiboy86 View Post
    Hi Shrub, it is mentioned on the AIP letter that INZ send you. Passports need to be valid for minimum one year (not more than). It gives you one year time to travel to NZ per the resident visa conditions.
    BTW: Your passport has less than six months validity if it is expiring in Jan 2014. Therefore Pakistani embassy must renew it.
    thanks...my passport has expiry as Jan 2015...so i have to wait for the AIP letter...to show it to them n have it renewed later then...

thanks again