Thread: Changing Job on a Work Visa

Default Changing Job on a Work Visa

Can anybody offer advice on how easy it is to change job on a work visa - if my visa is for two years and after one I want to switch to something else/better is this really possible or am I stuck in this job ?!

Thanks

Are you on a temporary work visa, or a WHV like you mentioned on another thread?

If it's the temporary work visa, the first answer here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post491872 will be relevant to your situation. If you have that kind of visa, and want to change jobs, it's better to find another job and check with INZ that it is eligible for a further visa before handing in notice on the first job.

Thanks for the info. I'm on a WHV but thinking ahead to work visa scenario.

Led to believe on Work Visa you are bound to work in the said employ, however if you wish to change employer, then variation of conditions is accepted but as stated the JOB has to be the same. I have moved from various employers, but couldn't move jobs!

Hope this helps

I would like to know if I change employer will i get another 2 years time on my visa? I am on closed work permit. that means i can only work for the employer mentioned on my visa. I still got 13months time on my visa left.
    Last edited by nick_1; 11th December 2013 at 07:23 PM.

That's up to INZ, depending on what the job on offer is, what kind of contract, etc.. Any new visa would be a completely separate deal from the one you would be leaving. See the Duration of Essential Skills Work Visas section here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...entialwork.htm

Thanks JandM