Thread: Shanghai Branch Processing Times

Question Shanghai Branch Processing Times

Hello All,

I am looking at the web portal of INZ Shanghai, under Skilled Migrant Category – applicants without job offers.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/

It was said as "after being accepted for consideration, applications without job offers are currently being allocated to an immigration officer within approximately three months." But I just found it updated to "four to six months" on Nov 27, while the Chinese translation closed to that is still 3 months.

At the same time, the overall processing time hasn't changed (up to 12 months).
    "If you have supplied all the documentation requested when you were invited to apply for residence, the expected processing time may be up to 12 months."

My question is, the processing time should be counted from the date when applicant lodges the application or an immigration officer is assigned? Thanks!

Hi Yucusc, As per my understanding from INZ website processing time starts from the day ITA being lodged.

Quote Originally Posted by barathiraja View Post
    Hi Yucusc, As per my understanding from INZ website processing time starts from the day ITA being lodged.
    Thanks barathiraja. I am a bit surprised on your application timeline. It is really fast in your case to get CO assigned and interview done. Best wishes!