Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job Offer after Interview - Apply Work Visa or Wait for Result?

Post Job Offer after Interview - Apply Work Visa or Wait for Result?

Hi,

I am in Singapore and had NZ immigration interview with Shanghai branch on Nov 6th. After about 20 days, I got a job Skilled offer from Auckland.
    Company asked me to check with immigration officer is they need to fill in form-1113 but the CO said it's not needed at this stage. I have notified the CO of the offer.

With the joining date being in about 6 weeks time, I need to make preparations of moving in time or request the company to postpone joining (but don't know by how much!). Going through some discussions here, I noticed in some Timelines that people landed and started working on Work Visa before they got the approval. Can anyone help if there is any such Visa that can get me there quickly?

Thanks!

Anurag,

I can't really suggest on this, but i believe since your CO knows about it , there might be some priority on your application. If your employer is willing to sponsor you a work visa then it should be fine, however going by the post, your case is in for a decision & CO knows the situation.

You might have to wait for the CO to revert.

By the way, what field are you working in that you landed a job ?

Hey RV,

I am within ICT.
    I should have asked my CO of the timeline to expect the decision in the interview.
    How about yours? Were you notified of any time to expect decision in? ....and your area of work? Good luck!

Cheers!

We were just told that timeline is not very certain but was roughly put at a month.
    I am also within ICT-Networks. Which track are you in within ICT?

A month is not bad time. I am almost around that mark...fingers crossed.
    I am Automation Architect. In Investment Banking currently (as most ICT guys are here in SG).

Hello Congratz for the Job Offer,

Call the CO to ask the approx time that it will take since you need to plan & inform your company with the final start date.

All the best!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shrub Tub View Post
    Hello Congratz for the Job Offer,

Call the CO to ask the approx time that it will take since you need to plan & inform your company with the final start date.

All the best!
    Thanks Shrub Tub.

Had emailed her and got a reply that she was out sick and would be taking up some urgent cases and look at mine around the end of this week or early next week. Gonna be longest weekend of my life! 😊

With a really wide grin - I am pleased to share that I got my Approval in Principal today.
    Thanks to everyone on this forum to help out in case of doubts and to RV (for helping with my doubts) and JandM (for obvious reasons).
    See ya all in Auckland soon!
    Cheers!

-Always wanted to post these! This is the best chance.

congratulations Anuragdial and am pleased to read that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast