Thread: LTBV and interim visa

Exclamation LTBV and interim visa

Hi !

I am just trying to know what happens when you apply for LTBV and your visa expires ? I understand that you get visitor visa. But situation is little different in my friend's case.

He was on open work visa and id doing business from last 2 years.Now planning to apply for LTBV but not sure what happens to his business when he his visa expires ?? because he cant do his business on visitor visa. Not sure what kind of work visa he could apply till the outcome of his application is made.

Regards

What sort of open visa?

Partnership based open work visa.the partner was on student visa and the subsequently job search and now on grad exp work visa valid till march 2013.

This is a tricky one! If the business is doing well and employing NZers, you could look at an Entrepreneur Visa maybe, but this won't help right now. LTBV can take a long time but if I were you I would contact the Business Migration Branch of INZ. Phone 0508 558 855 Fax +64 4 801 2928
    If your business fits the requirements of an LTBV or Entrepreneur Visa they should be able to give you an idea of how long the visa processing will take. If all else fails, you might have to put in a NZer as manager until it is all sorted. I hope this helps. If I can be of further assistance, please send me a Private Message as I am currently in NZ and so don't have such easy access to the internet. Hope it goes well! Karen