Thread: Shipping NZ to UK

Default Shipping NZ to UK

Hi all, we are unfortunately leaving lovely NZ to return to the UK for family reasons (we have two boys who were 3yr and 1yr when we came, but now 7yr and 4yr olds and it's time to give them some family connections). We're not certain if it's the right move, as NZ certainly has lived up to its expectations (EQ's aside!).

Anyway, I need some advice on two things:

1. Shipping companies from NZ (Christchurch) to UK. We have already had a quote from Allied Pickfords, but would like some comparisons.

3. Insurance companies that cover our contents in the move. Each of the shippers usually have their own, but it is pricey!!!

Any tips gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Luke & Lydia.

Try Crown for a shipping quote.
    Letton Percival all they way for insurance.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by doreysc View Post
    Try Crown for a shipping quote.
    Letton Percival all they way for insurance.

Simon
    That's who we went with, good service from both of them.

I haven't tried this but I imagine you can reduce the insurance a lot by getting cover for total loss of the container rather than damage to the contents. If you pack it carefully and are prepared to cover minor damage yourself then you only need cover if it is dropped, lost or burned. Just a thought.

When we moved we chanced it and didn't bother with any insurance. The only damage was one picture glass. Having seen the Rena wreck I think I would go for 'total loss only' cover another time!