Thread: claiming points under LTSSL

Red face claiming points under LTSSL

Hi everyone,

I am planning to put up an expression of interest online and was wondering if someone here can clarify some of the confusions that i have regarding the same:

1. I have an agricultural engineering qualification completed overseas which features in LTSSL list, but my current job as a dairy farmer is more related to my new zealand qualification - level 7 graddip in agribusiness.
    so can i claim points for both of my qualifications:the nz agribusiness qualification which is related to my job and points for absolute skill shortage (ltssl) for agri . engg ??

2. my present employer is willing to give a production manager job offer for the next season (june 2014 ). Assuming I am applying with that job offer, what are the other documents that i should get from the employer other than job offer, description and contract??

I am more than happy to rephrase the queries if needed. Any help with this is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    vinram

Vinram,

Below are the pointers i can give based on my understanding.

1. Ideally you should be claiming points for your Occupation that features in the LTSSL/ABSSL.
    2. You need to state/claims points for what you currently hold. Since your new offer will only be valid from next season. That may not count when you lodge the EOI.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by vinram View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am planning to put up an expression of interest online and was wondering if someone here can clarify some of the confusions that i have regarding the same:

1. I have an agricultural engineering qualification completed overseas which features in LTSSL list, but my current job as a dairy farmer is more related to my new zealand qualification - level 7 graddip in agribusiness.
    so can i claim points for both of my qualifications:the nz agribusiness qualification which is related to my job and points for absolute skill shortage (ltssl) for agri . engg ??

2. my present employer is willing to give a production manager job offer for the next season (june 2014 ). Assuming I am applying with that job offer, what are the other documents that i should get from the employer other than job offer, description and contract??

I am more than happy to rephrase the queries if needed. Any help with this is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    vinram

Thank you so much for the reply Rv1103,

1. Unfortunately, i dont have an occupation for ltssl/abssl but my qualification features in that list.
    2. I am told that my current occupation as assistant herd manager may not meet the immigration skill requirement..my present employer will give a job offer now, but the start date of new role will be june 2014.

These are the points i am planning to claim:

@job offer- 50
    @qualification ( i have level 7 qualification from nz ) - 50
    @age (20-29 )- 30
    @job outside auckland - is it 5??
    @basic qualification from nz- 10???
    @qualification in ltssl ( but no job ) - 10
    @nz work experience ( relevent to the present job, but not skilled ) - 1 year +

Greatly appreciate further inputs. Thanks a lot in advance

regards,
    vinram

It sounds as though you're going to have plenty of points to satisfy INZ, without needing the ones for the career you're not using at the moment. If you're going to be applying using points for the job offered, you only need to have a minimum of 100 points for your EOI to be immediately selected. Once you have the formal offer in writing, you could put in the EOI.

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm are all the regulations covering what you can claim points for, and exactly how you qualify for each set. SM6 has a chart showing all the possibles, with the last column telling you which section to look in for the detail.

You get 10 points for a job or offer outside Auckland, and/but the list says 'two years full-time study in New Zealand completing a recognised bachelor degree (level 7)' for the points for a NZ qualification.

Dear JandM,

I just can't thank you enough for that extremely helpful input. Hope i am good to go once i get the contract.
    Can i please check with you if i need anything else from the employer other than job offer with description and contract?

Thank you so much once again,
    Kind regards,
    Vinram

All you will need to send in with your ITA is the offer letter and the contract (including all the small print). INZ will contact the employer to check details they have to know about the business (see SM7.20), as well as making sure your responsibilities match up to the skilled job description and your qualification.

Thank you so much .